Complicated in a Simple Manner

This is a blog about me and my complicated, simple life. I am an easy person because I have no preferences, and I'll always try anything once. But, I'm also difficult because I'm so easy. Confused yet? Read and enjoy the ups and downs of my everyday life.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dark Shadows

"My name is Victoria Winters. A sinister man returns to familiar grounds this night--the grounds of the great house of Collinwood. He bears with him a decades-old secret which can destroy the family, unless Elizabeth Stoddard takes steps to see that this dangerous secret stays buried."


I don't remember the soap opera Dark Shadows when I was growing up. But, recently, Allan was fortunate enough to run across the first series. He was excited because he would always try to watch it after school, and sometimes his mother would catch him and make him turn it off. So every once in a while we have a Dark Shadow night and watch a couple episodes. I didn't think I would like it, but to my surprise it was quite good, and addicting. Everyone always has favorite characters in shows they watch, and for me I always seem to pick the one character that gets dumped on the most. Willie Loomis is my favorite. The poor guy was just trying to make a living robbing the graveyard and he stumbles upon a vampire and wakes him up. Now he is basically a slave for the vampire, like Igor. We are on the last disc in the series, and I won't be able to rest until we acquire the 2nd season. Looking up Dark Shadows on the internet, I was surprised to find an entire website on the show. People attend a Dark Shadows festival, where the remaining stars of the show attend. People dress up like Barnabas, the vampire and star. It sounded intriguing enough that maybe, someday, we will attend the festival. Yeah, the acting wasn't all that great, there are many times when you see mistakes. But what impresses me the most is Barnabas, I have yet to see him make a mistake with any of his lines. He is very believable as a vampire, and yet I don't like the way he is always pushing poor Willie around. Barnabas is a character you love to hate. His high-handed manners, thinking he is better then everyone else leaves you disliking him, and yet, his acting is very good. While Willie doesn't get as much recognition or lines, when he is on the screen delivering his lines, he always does it with a passion. Since I am fond of a good B-rated show or movie, I would suggest anyone who enjoys the same checks this show out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home