Complicated in a Simple Manner

This is a blog about me and my complicated, simple life. I am an easy person because I have no preferences, and I'll always try anything once. But, I'm also difficult because I'm so easy. Confused yet? Read and enjoy the ups and downs of my everyday life.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Free Time

Since I started school at the beginning of this year; seems I haven't had time to do much else but study. Summer school is over, which was an experience I don't ever want to do again. It would not have been so bad with just one class, but having 2 is too much of a load, and a lot of stress. Every day from Monday to Thursday; three hours in each class, and too much homework. Add that to having a math teacher who has no idea how to teach put extra stress and anxiety on me. I was trying to write essays and learn factoring at the same time, but luckily that is all behind me now. I am only taking one class next semester, which is one I will enjoy. It is an English writing class; thank Goddess, since I can't write in French. I learned more from the other writing class than I thought I would. I have been writing sentences for years, but now I can at least, sometimes, recognize a complex, compound, and simple sentence. I know what a dependent and independent clause is, and when I started the class I was clueless. The teacher was a bit gruff the first day, but that was to get rid of the students that were not serious about his/her education.
So now I am official enjoying summertime, and have not done a darn thing. I thought I might go swimming, get the yard cleaned up, do some chores that I had been putting off, but I have not done anything. Pathetic, I know. I want to finish my cross-stiching, but I never find the energy to pick it up and just start working. I have piles of limbs I could cut up and get rid of now, but it's a little hot out. I could mow the lawn, but then I would have to go get gas, that seems like a lot of trouble. So now I have all this free time on my hands, and I am doing nothing!
I did enjoy a lazy round of golf this past weekend. I set up on the first tee, took a couple practice swings, and really paid attention to every movement. Concentration took over; I approached the ball, took a swing and watched it land on the green. Pride seeped through me, I have a hard time hitting greens. It took two putts into the hole for par, and I moved on. I set up the next ball, using the same strategy, took my swing, and the ball couldn't have went any farther than thirty yards, considering it's well over a 100 yards to the pin, I had flubbed. But I braved on and recorded a seven before I was done, and that is the way the rest of the round went. I love the game of golf, there's nothing that compares. You are not out to beat an opponent, unless you're in a tournament, which is something I will never be able to do. Admitting that makes me think it's time Michelle Wie comes to grips with the reality that she is not a tournament golfer. She is an embarrassment to the sport and whoever sponsers her is making a mockery of the other women who take the sport of golf seriously. She was never a prodigy, she simply had one or two really good rounds of golf, like we all do eventually. Now she wants to blame her wrist, which is one of the lamest excuses, for all mishaps. Didn't we just have a golfer win, and had backpain not so long ago? I guess some people just heal faster. I get really sick of seeing the headlines with Wie breaking par. Who cares!!! There was so many more golfers who actually played and did well. The press needs to stop giving her headlines just because she breaks par, or falls 20 back with all her double bogeys. The way she plays she could be my partner, and I would feel good about the way I play.
Okay enough rambling, I tend to do that, which my professor realized after reading a couple of my essays. He gave me good advice to focus on the subject, but with me there could never be one subject. That would be one dimensional and I am three dimensional, therefore, I tend to ramble on and on. Too bad I couldn't use that energy to finish some projects around here. All in good time, I will get to them; after my body replenishes itself from being a student all summer long.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger BBC said…

    Hello hon, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    You said "Linda said... "You are always down on women, crotchety, and completely honest in your opinions. I enjoy reading your daily muses, but clumping all women together is as wrong as women clumping all men together."

    Wait a minute, I make it clear often enough that I'm generalizing.
    And again when I say 'The women available to me'.

    I know plenty of fine women, but they are not available to me because they have mates. At my age I get the screwballs that are left overs.

    Not to mention that this area is known for its screwed up women. Really, I never had that problem before I moved here.

    Well, part of it is my spiritual journey, she has to be on that path or it isn't going to happen.

    I'm happy that you found someone, good for you. Hugs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home